1. What do I get for my entry fee?
Lots and lots! A three day festival with live music, seminars, great food, the best athlete bags, imprinted swim cap, finisher’s medal, custom awards, and more. There will be complimentary post-race massages, boat, motorcycle, and radio support, USAT Officials and Marshals, the best volunteers and staff anywhere, and an accurate, safe race course.
2. How can I sign up for the event?
Registration is being done online. Please visit the registration tab for more information.
3. How will I receive my race packet?
Race packets will not be mailed. All packets can be picked up at Bayfront Park. Please note that you must have your packet, bib number, and timing chip to race. USAT members must bring a photo ID and your USAT membership card. You may pick up your packet at Bayfront Park from 10am-6pm on Friday and Saturday, October 21 and 22. NO PACKET PICKUP IS AVAILABLE ON RACE DAY.
4. Where is Bayfront Park?
301 Biscayne Blvd Miami, FL 33132-2226
5. Where is the race site?
Location of actual race: BayFront Park, Downtown Miami 301 Biscayne Blvd Miami, FL 33132
Expo Location: BayFront Park, Downtown Miami
6. Can I pick my race packet up on race day?
No, packets MUST be picked up on Friday and Saturday. NO PACKET PICKUP IS AVAILABLE RACE DAY. You may contact us with your inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Can I register on race day?
No, the race will be full prior to race day. This event is expected to fill up quickly, so remember to register early.
8. Are there any maps of the race venue?
Swim, bike and run course maps are posted on the race page, under each paragraph for the SWIM, BIKE, and RUN.
9. What will the weather be like race weekend?
No guarantees on weather but the average high is 78 degrees; great temperature for a triathlon.
10. What are the expected water temperatures?
Water temperatures average about 72-76 degrees F.
Wetsuits may be worn in the water temperature up to and including 24.5 degrees Celsius/76.1 degrees Fahrenheit. Athletes who choose to wear a wetsuit in water temperatures exceeding 24.5 degrees Celsius/ 76.1 degrees Fahrenheit will not be eligible for awards, including World Championships slots. Wetsuits will be prohibited in water temperatures greater than 28.8 degrees C/ 84 degrees F
FINAL WATER TEMPERATURE WILL BE TAKEN PRIOR TO THE EVENT START BY USAT HEAD OFFICIAL.
11. What sports drinks and gels are available on the course?
Gatorade (Sports Drink), Accel Gel, Water and others.
12. What can I do before and after the race?
Miami is a vibrant city, with tons of things to do. For more info, go to www.miamidade.gov
13. How do I get a refund if I cannot attend?
There are no transfers, refunds or deferrals.
14. Do I need to be present to receive my award?
Out of respect for all of the award winners, you must be present to receive your award. No awards will be mailed. Awards Ceremony- Bayfront Park
15. What address should I use to have my GPS map for the Race Site?
301 Biscayne Blvd Miami, FL 33132-2226
16. Will spectators be able to get and in out of Bayfront Park during the race?
Yes, but only on foot.
17. I’m bringing my family with me to the race. Will there be things for them to do?
Yes, we really focus on the enjoyment of the family, as we understand it’s not very exciting for kids to watch a bunch of adults run around in spandex. At the race site, there is a park as well as other activities. Food will also be available for spectators.
18. Where’s the nearest major airport?
Miami international Airport is about 15 minutes away.
19. If I fly in, will I need a car?
Yes, there is no direct bus service from the airport to the race site and hotels.
20. Can I ship my bike to a local bike shop?
Our title sponsor City Bikes is offering bike transport service to all our athletes. For more information, please click here.
21. What is available for accommodations?
Check out our hotels tab above to see discounted rates for participants at luxurious hotels near the race site.
22. What is USAT and why do I need a one-day permit?
USAT is the national governing body for triathlons and duathlons in the United States. A one-day license allows a novice athlete to compete in a USA Triathlon-sanctioned race without purchasing a full $45 membership. The $12 fee provides the athlete with excess accident insurance for that race only.
23. Is it better to join USAT or buy the one-day permit?
A one year membership to USAT is $45. Membership includes a subscription to USA Triathlon Times, annual ranking, discounts on merchandise and use of the USAT Travel Desk (can help save bike flying costs). Most importantly you don’t have to pay an extra $12 at every USAT race for a one-day membership. So if you’re planning on doing at 3-4 USAT races this year, the USAT membership pays for itself.
24. How do I join USAT?
USAT applications will not available at packet pick up. You must join beforehand, or purchase a one day membership for $12. You can join online or on the USAT site and bring the confirmation to packet pick up.
25. What happens if I don’t have my USAT card at packet pickup?
You will have to pay for a one day USAT membership. This is not refundable.
26. How does chip timing work?
Each athlete will wear a chip that transmits data to the receiving antenna when the athlete crosses a timing mat. Sportstats will score City Bikes IRONMAN® 70.3 Miami.
27. Where do I wear the chip?
A neoprene strap is used to strap the chip to your ankle. You will be given a band when you pick up your rental chip.
28. Where and when do I pick up my timing chip?
Your timing chip will be found in your packet, which will be available at Athlete Check In.
29. Do I need to wear the chip for the entire race?
Yes, timing mats will be set up to record splits for each leg and transition. If you do not have the chip on when you cross the finish line you are not guaranteed a finish time.
30. Can I keep my chip?
No, the chips must be turned in at the end of the race. Volunteers will be at the finish line to help with removal. Participants will be charged $35 for unreturned chips.